The Ultimate Guide To Tying Shoelaces
Are you looking for a step-by-step guide to show your child how to tie their laces? A method to use alongside the traditional method? An easy way of helping your child get the perfect shoelace bow? How to help your child practice tying their shoelaces?
This post will help you with all of the above and more! Scroll through the post to discover our simple step-by-step guide to help your child learn to tie their shoes, plus lots of useful advice for tying shoelaces in general. There are lots of different ways to tie shoelaces, but we’ve picked out the simplest methods to make teaching your child how to tie their laces as easy as 1,2,3!
The standard method:
- Take the left lace and make a loop that crosses over the right lace. Then make a loop with the right lace that crosses over the left lace.
- Draw up the left lace and hold it firmly, then pull the right lace through the loop taught.
- Slide the loop down over the left lace and pull tightly to tighten the knot.
- Take the left lace and tuck it through the top of the loop created in the last step.
- Now pull the left lace firmly.
- Finally, tuck the left lace through the end of the loop created at the beginning of step 1.
The bunny ears method:
- Fold the right lace in half.
- Pass the folded lace over and through the loop, just as you did in the standard method.
- Now pull the loop until the bunny ears form and tie off the laces.
You’ll have a very proud child on your hands once they’ve mastered this skill, and the more children practise, the better they will become.